|long w/e /school holidays:||$130.00|
|winter / school holiday:||$120.00|
Glamping in an alpine environment
Holiday Room in Mt Lyford
From $120.00* daily
Glamping in a very comfortable hut for 2p in a unique alpine landscape with amazing views. Love the outdoors with walks, mountain biking or fishing closeby, or just relax on this 5ha private property. Swim in a mountain lake or have some fun on the pond in a kayak. In winter the ski field is just up the road and the ice skating rink is on the property.
The Harakeke Huts are located on the 5 ha block where the ecolodges are, at the bottom end of Mt Lyford village. This section contains a big pond (fun with a kayak that we hire out) and our purpose is to regenerate native bush.
There are 2 sleeping huts called 'pods'. These are quirky dome shaped wooden huts. They have a queen bed in each one. They are wired up so you have the comfort of proper lighting and heating. Each has their own private deck in front with deck chairs supplied. This listing is for 1 hut; if you wish to book the second hut please contact us.
The huts are made from sustainable NZ Radiata Pine. They have double glazed cedar doors and a window. The roof is insulated with sheepswool.The character of these huts is accentuated by the double whale bones on either side of the dome.
In the middle between the 2 sleeping huts is an architecturally designed pod which contains a fully equipped kitchen, lounge with TV and bathroom with shower, toilet and basin. The big sliding doors open up to the deck in front where the lounge furniture doubles up to outdoor furniture to relax in. A BBQ is supplied.
The biggest attraction for everyone staying at this location is the amazing uninterrupted views of the mountainscape of Mt Lyford - no other buildings in view, just native bush. The night skies are amazing and worth sitting out for - no spoiling lighting around.
If you wish the use of the gas fired outdoor hot tub (note extra cost) please let us know well ahead of time and we will have it preheated for you. Note: only one hut can use the hot tub - first in, first served.
This is an ideal location for a stopover along the Alpine Pacific Touring Route, whether you travel it by car, motorbike or pushbike.
There are some great walks to be done around Mt Lyford and mountain biking on nearby farms. In winter an ice skating rink is on the same section as the huts and the ski field is just up the mountain. In summer enjoy a swim in a crystal clear mountain lake or have a play with the kayak on the pond where the huts are located. There is Mt Lyford lodge with bar and restaurant for a meal out if you do not wish to provide for yourself.
- Smoking: NO
- Pets: NO
- Minimum stay: 1 night. long weekends and school holidays: min 2 nights
- Pricing based on 2p for 1 sleeping hut
- Hot tub is an extra cost
- Available: All year
- We stayed in the Harareke huts on Saturday night and I just wanted to give you some feedback...AMAZING!!! It was such a lovely escape from Christchurch for the weekend and we were so lucky with the weather which was great! What a great unique idea you have going...I posted the below picture on my Facebook and Instagram and ave been flooded with messages from people wanting to know where this is and how they can book. I will definitely be recommending this to people who want a nice weekend away! Kaitlin.
- We had a deliciously cosy night in our little hut. Everything was very clean and the common area was well designed and equipped with everything we needed. Great shower too. Highly recommend this unique little place. Paul.
* (fees & conditions may apply)
To select dates, and check price please use the Check Availability link above.